The shutdown plan entails refunding the unused portion of members' dues, then distributing the money remaining in the treasury (estimated to be about $2000) as follows:
- $500 to the Madison Public Library Foundation
- ⅙ of residue (~$250) to Wisconsin Historical Society Foundation, designated by board member Jim Benes
- ⅙ to Fitchburg Fields, designated by board member Raul De Luna
- ⅙ to Friends of Sequoya Library, designated by board member Holly McEntee
- ⅙ to Friends of Sequoya Library, designated by board member Dave Peterson
- ⅙ to Friends of Sequoya Library, designated by board member Richard S. Russell
- ⅙ to Porchlight, designated by board member Dave Weston
This blog is not going away, however, and if you'd like to keep up with it, make use of the "Follow by E-Mail" feature at the upper right.
We take heart in departing knowing that we have, single-handedly, succeeded in making Apple the world's most valuable corporation and most trusted brand.
It's been a good run, but nothing lasts forever. Thanks for the good times, but alas, farewell.